Four out of five college students have part-time jobs while in school, experts say. Here are just ten good reasons to work:
- You become a time management master.
- No one will question your proven work ethic.
- When you’re making your own money, you appreciate it more, spend it more wisely and become a pro at budgeting.
- Meeting new people is a given: co-workers, supervisors, customers and clients; some may become professional connections.
- The job asks you to juggle multiple tasks, so you do, and you figure out how not to drop balls.
- You learn what you do or do not like in a work environment: that’s helpful for choosing future full-time jobs.
- Many jobs require teamwork. Not everyone is easy to work with. You learn how best to get along.
- So … it follows that you get better at listening, responding to requests, and sharing important information, a.k.a. communication skills.
- You have to solve problems, period, and that improves your entire life.
- Oh, you get a paycheck!
To find your job, plan to attend the 2018 Fall Part-Time Jobs Fair, Friday, Aug. 17, 10 am – 3 pm, Alumni Hall, Indiana Memorial Union! Lots of employers will be there. The event is free for all students.