The Walter Center for Career Achievement is continuing to closely monitor the challenges associated with COVID-19 and its impact on student internships. As such, we want to let you know of a new partnership we have with Parker Dewey that allows students the opportunity to pursue short-term, professional, paid work experiences through Micro-Internships which can be completed remotely.
Through Micro-Internships, students can demonstrate their skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. These paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and students can be selected for multiple Micro-Internships.
New Micro-Internship opportunities are being posted daily. Interested students are encouraged to:
- Create an account at http://info.parkerdewey.com/iu
- Fill out your profile as completely as possible
- Review current Micro-Internship projects available
- Apply to projects of interest
- Continue to check the platform regularly for new opportunities
Out of students who have completed at least 1 micro-internship:
- 86% have a completed profile
- Have logged into the site 34 times
- Applied to an average of 15 opportunities
Questions on how to represent micro-internships on your resume? Schedule an appointment with your career coach so they can help!
If you have any questions, please contact the Employer Relations team at email@example.com.