Launched in 2018, the MADE (Marketing & Advertising Education) Program is a national internship program that matches students with summer marketing & advertising internships at top companies. MADE standardizes a complicated process, making it easier for bright students to enter the industry, regardless of school, major, or industry connections. They strive for a candidate pool that is racially, ethnically, socioeconomically, and geographically diverse, and a true reflection of our population.
Am I eligible?
This program is open to undergraduate juniors and seniors, graduateing between May 2021 and May 2022. MADE does consider international students but it’s contingent on their partner companies and there may be an extremely limited number of slots open to those who require future sponsorship.
How do I apply?
The MADE application consists of:
- Your resume (PDF recommended and named: First name Last name Resume)
- An academic recommendation, ideally from a professor
- A recorded digital interview and writing sample
The academic recommendation is a key component of the application process. If you intend to apply for MADE 2021, you can get a head start by having your professor complete this form now. All application items, including the recommendation, need to be submitted by January 15, 2021.
What does this program consist of?
MADE Interns connect with a community of creative, bright, and ambitious future industry leaders. During the summer, MADE Interns benefit from:
- Weekly MADE Web Sessions featuring executive speakers from companies such as L’Oreal, Wunderman Thompson, Deutsch, American Express, McCann and TikTok. Topics include multicultural and inclusive advertising, social impact and purpose-driven brand strategy, storytelling, and consumer trends and insights.
- Involvement in a Mentor Match program that pairs them up with industry executives based on their area of interest and encourages virtual meetings throughout the summer.
- Certified ANA Marketing Student (CAMS) program which is a 17-hour on-demand virtual marketing course led by industry practitioners which results in a digital badge and certificate upon completion.
- Networking and community support through virtual meetups throughout the summer and involvement in exclusive social groups.
- Portfolio/resume reviews with recruiters at top agencies to help sharpen their personal brand and guide their next career steps.
Please note that involvement in everything is not required! We know you all are superstars but may not be able to participate in every session or program we offer. We’re here to support you, not stress you out! After completing the MADE Program, you’ll be a part of the alumni network and have access to fellow alumni across the industry and job opportunities exclusive to MADE talent.