The Walter Center for Career Achievement welcomed representatives from C-SPAN for virtual information session. Below is a brief recap of that session. If you would like a copy of the recording of this information session please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Session Recap:
- C-SPAN is unique in its coverage and services. It is putting people in the rooms where bills get signed and arguments are heard.
- The company is non-profit and not driven by tv ratings.
- C-SPAN provides long for coverage with no editing, shares multiple viewpoints, and no commentary.
- Live coverage of the house, senate, briefings of important officials, coverage of oral arguments of supreme court, nominations, testimonies, and so on.
- Coverage also includes state coverage and response of local officials. C-SPAN also covers national and international events like the 2020 election.
- C-SPAN offers a wide library of information on specific congresspersons records, appearances, and committee positions.
- The website also has thousands of hours of recorded video.
- An entry level position at C-SPAN is a production assistant – they engage in day to day coverage in public affairs as producers, editors, designers, representatives.
- As a smaller company it is easier to move around in different departments and you don’t need a specific background type like journalism.
- If you are interested in internships check out the jobs section on the C-SPAN website. Be patient as there may not be internships up yet.
- What to do while waiting for internships or job openings? Stay engaged and follow whats happening around the country. Know the product and watch C-SPAN.
- Call people in the company for informational interviews and make connections.
Please reach out to our guests if you have any more questions. Their LinkedIN information is linked above.