This is a recap of a talk that Molly Watson gave on Account Service and Strategic Panning for Campaigns. Account services is crucial to creating and maintaining successful relationships with clients. Molly Watson, Founder & Principal, Evolution Engine, will be sharing her insights on creating successful campaigns and the importance of “knowing your audience” when working with clients.
Molly Watson is an alumna of Indiana University and has deep experience in leading organizational and cultural transformation with a demonstrated ability to grow all facets of the organization profitably and responsibly. She spent nearly ten years in the C-suite at a publicly traded communications agency and now runs her own consultancy, Evolution Engine. Driven by a growth-oriented mindset with a unique depth of expertise, Evolution Engine helps optimize what’s working, design strategies to fill in the gaps, and fuel business growth. Prior to Evolution Engine, Molly spent twenty years in leadership roles at Tierney in Philadelphia culminating in nearly a decade as the firm’s Chief Operating Officer. Under Molly’s leadership, the agency achieved its highest revenue and margin attainment in addition to building a nationally recognized culture as an Advertising Age Best Place to Work two years in a row. Molly spent the first ten years of her career at Young & Rubicam NY and through a series of rapid promotions rose to the position of Vice President, Group Media Supervisor. While there Molly honed her expertise on blue-chip brands like AT&T, Advil, and Kraft Foods.
Students can connect with Molly on the WCSN and link to network!
Key takeaways from The Talk:
- Integrated marketing communications business is all about uncovering insights, wrapping insights in creativity, and then delivering it with service and driving results.
- How do you solve a business issue with advertising? Use these four questions: What business problems are we trying to solve? How are we going to be different? What is our role in the customer journey? How will our success be quantified?
- Uncovering critical insights involves: Analyzing the market, analyzing brand, what are the consumer needs?
- Think about how success is measured when dealing with campaigns for clients.
- Think about your clients competitive edge and get ahead of that early to avoid troubles with competition.
- When trying to find what consumers want utilize all the outside databases and resources. There is not always time for focus groups.
View The Talk here!