The Emma Bowen Foundation promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation’s leading media and tech companies.
Our three tracks highlight the many areas in which our Fellows intern.
- Content (broadcast and online journalism, production, social media, digital media, etc.).
- Business (finance, sales, human resources, marketing, public relations etc.)
- Innovation (computer science, engineering, data science, information technology, software development, etc.)
Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or in any other career in media or tech, the Emma Bowen Internship is here to help you get your start. Hear more about EBF from previous fellows, alumni, and partners here: https://www.emmabowenfoundation.com/voices.
If you are selected as an Emma Bowen Fellow, you will have access to:
- A paid summer internship
- On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
- Our Annual Summer Conference
- The EBF Launch Career Activation Program
- Need-based academic scholarships
- A lifelong community of EBF peers, alumni, professionals, and partners
Do I Qualify?
You are eligible to apply for an Emma Bowen Internship if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Are a student of color (Asian, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, or Multi-Racial)
- Are a graduating high school senior OR an undergraduate college student (undergraduates graduating in Spring 2021 are eligible to apply)
- Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited college or university
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Are interested in pursuing a career in the media and technology industries
- Are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Speak and write English fluently
How Do I Make My Application Stand Out?
The EBF internship program is very competitive. You can help your application stand out by submitting a comprehensive resume and stellar HireVue video interview.
In your resume, let us know about your work, extracurricular, volunteer, and/or academic experience. Also, don’t forget to check for typos and formatting consistency. Asking a friend, professor, or career advisor to review your resume will ensure that another pair of eyes catch any issues before sending in your resume. We ask that your resume be one page.
For your HireVue video interview, take the opportunity to share more about yourself with us—your experiences, your interest in the industry, and your career goals. Tell us what makes you unique!
How to Apply
Submit the Summer 2021 Application (application form + video interview)
- The EBF Summer Online Application Form (link below)
- A LinkedIn Profile with Photo
- Your Resume
- HireVue Video Interview (you will receive instructions after submitting your application form)
Before you apply, please make sure to read the internship qualifications and review the application process steps (below).