Backhaul Direct is hiring a new class of full-time Carrier Sales Representatives for their downtown Indianapolis, Indiana office. And what’s more?! They will be at our Indiana Employers Career + Internship Fair on April 1!
As a Carrier Sales Representative, you will play a crucial role by identifying, sourcing and developing strong business relationships with service providers to achieve maximum profitability and customer satisfaction. You will spend 60-90 days learning the logistics industry being trained and absorbing the Backhaul Direct laid back culture. This Carrier Sales Representative position is on our national sales team and requires an energetic, strategically focused and creative sales achiever that enjoys the latitude of working independently and effectively using their time management skills. The Carrier Sales Representative position includes a competitive salary plus uncapped commission opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Carrier Sales Representative include but not limited to the following:
- Negotiate pricing shipment rates with motor carriers
- Resolve motor carrier issues to ensure motor carrier satisfaction and retention
- Call motor carriers daily to capture available equipment and pricing opportunities
- Identify and document motor carrier needs within our transportation management system
- Confer with team leader to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of customer freight shipments
Qualifications of the Carrier Sales Representative applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities
- Proven ability to work independently and be a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- Financial acumen, and measurable success in developing, implementing, and executing on plans
- Proven ability to contribute to a dynamic, high-energy sales team with varying levels of experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills
- Detail-oriented and possess organizational skills
- Time management skills with ability to continually multi-task
- Ability to work independently and remain on-task with minimal supervision
- This is an in-office position with telecommute flexibility. No relocation assistance available.
To learn more and connect with a Backhaul Direct recruiter, be sure to attend the virtual Indiana Employers Career + Internship Fair on April 1!
Backhaul Direct provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.