Every spring semester, the State of Indiana House and Senate host paid interns at the state capitol in Indianapolis. Interns from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If this interests you, get your applications in soon! The application closes October 31.
About the internships:
The internships are divided by House, Senate, Democratic, and Republican. Several internship types exist, including, but not limited to:
- Information Technology
- Press Secretary
What are the Benefits?
- Interns earn a $750 biweekly stipend.
- Interns may be eligible to earn academic credit through their college or university.
- To help with costs of relocation and other expenses, interns may apply for internship scholarships through the Walter Center
- Interns have the opportunity for networking in a professional environment.
Who is Eligible?
- Internships are open to undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors; recent college graduates; and graduate and law school students.
- Individuals must be either an Indiana resident and/or attend a college or university located within Indiana.
- All majors are encouraged to apply, and no previous political or government experience is required.
- Qualified applicants will have a strong academic record as well as demonstrate excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills. Additionally, successful candidates project a positive, professional attitude, are highly motivated and easily directed, and can effectively manage a rigorous workload in a fast-paced, often unpredictable work environment.
Find more info and apply at the below links!