March 11 – 14, 2018
Join us on a Career Trek to Washington D.C. over Spring Break to discover and connect with alumni, organizations, and professionals from a variety of different fields!
Our visit will include:
- site visits to organizations from a variety of different industries
- multiple panel events and interactive roundtable discussions with distinguished IU alumni and industry experts
- opportunities to network with D.C. based alums across multiple career communities
- opportunities to visit to some of D.C.’s many historic sites
- a 3 night stay in D.C.
- we may also visit one of the Smithsonian museums
We are excited to announce that the following organizations have confirmed that they will be participating in the 2018 Washington D.C. Career Trek! We are currently working with these organizations to determine their level of involvement and will update this page when we have determined how they will be participating in the programming. Click on the links to learn more about each organization.
- American Waterworks Association : Government Affairs Office
- United States Department of Labor : Bureau of Labor Statistics
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- National Endowment for Democracy
*We will be adding to this list as more organizations confirm their attendance.
The D.C. Career Trek will consist of many different types of programs and events. Many of these events will be dependent upon the participating organizations and their representatives. We are excited to announce that the following programs have been confirmed.
- Alumni Networking Reception
- Civic Engagement Panel
- How to Maximize your online LinkedIn Presence (with Dan Horowitz at LinkedIn’s D.C. Office)
- USAJOBS Panel/Workshop
COST & DETAILS
The cost to attend is $500**, and includes:
- hotel accommodations for 3 nights in Downtown D.C. at the Hotel RL
- six meals over the course of the trip
- transportation within D.C.
You will be responsible for transportation to Washington D.C. (you can choose to fly, drive or take the train), and remaining meals, plus any souvenirs or other optional/incidental expenses that you may choose to spend. We estimate the additional incidental cost is about $125 plus the cost of transportation to Washington D.C.
Financial assistance may be available to students through their affiliated academic units. Please contact us for more information about potential opportunities. We cannot guarantee financial assistance will be provided for any student.
**The $500 program fee will be billed to your bursar and will be posted to your account the month after you officially sign up. After March 1st, you will only be reimbursed $250 if you decide to withdraw from the Trek.
You can get more information about the D.C. Career Trek at one of the following information sessions. If you plan on attending the trip, we ask that you go to at least one session prior to applying. You do not need to prepare any materials ahead of time.
- Monday, December 4th 2:30-3:30pm (Global and International Studies Building 3067)
To apply, please fill out the form below. Half of our available reservations are filled. To secure your spot, please complete the application as soon as possible.
Presented by the Walter Center for Career Achievement. Questions about the trip can be directed to Nick Bragin (Associate Director for Employer Relations) or Dana Vanderburgh (Graduate Assistant, Employer Relations). All events subject to change.