March 10 – 13, 2019
Join us on our Career Trek to Washington D.C. over Spring Break to discover and connect with alumni, organizations, and professionals from a variety of different fields!
Our visit will include:
- site visits to organizations from a variety of different industries
- multiple panel events and interactive roundtable discussions with distinguished IU alumni and industry experts
- opportunities to network with D.C. based alums across multiple career communities
- opportunities to visit some of D.C.’s many historic and cultural sites
- a 3 night stay in D.C.
CONFIRMED 2019 ORGANIZATIONS
We are currently inviting DC alumni and organizations to participate in the 2019 Trek and thus we are still in the process of forming the official program. However, we are happy to announce that the following organizations are currently interested in participating:
- U.S. Department of State
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Stimson Center
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Hudson Institute
- World Food Programme
- DLA Piper
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- International Republican Institute
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Albright Stonebridge Group
- Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC
- Jones Group International
- Hoover Institute (Stanford University)
- People For the American Way
- Congresswoman Susan Brooks’ Office
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
We will continue to update this page when we have confirmation about their participation and when other organizations express interest in joining the Trek!
Please click HERE to see a sample of last year’s itinerary.
COST & DETAILS
The cost to attend is $500**, and includes:
- hotel accommodations for 3 nights in Downtown D.C. at the Pod Hotel DC
- six meals over the course of the trip
- transportation within D.C. for all programmatic events
You will be responsible for transportation to Washington D.C. (you can choose to fly, drive or take the train), remaining meals, plus any souvenirs or other optional/incidental expenses that you may choose to spend. We estimate the additional incidental cost is about $125 plus the cost of transportation to Washington D.C.
Financial assistance may be available to students through their affiliated academic units. Please contact us for more information about potential opportunities. We cannot guarantee financial assistance will be provided for any student.
**The $500 program fee will be billed to your bursar and will be posted to your account the month after you officially sign up. After March 1st, you will only be reimbursed $250 if you decide to withdraw from the Trek.
D.C. Trek applicants must attend one of the following information sessions:
To apply, please fill out the form below. To be considered for funding, please complete the application by 12/6. Applicants who apply after 12/6 will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Questions about the trip can be directed to Dana Vanderburgh (Graduate Assistant, Strategic Alumni Engagement). All events subject to change.