Turn Your Internship Into Class Credit
The College of Arts + Sciences provides students with the opportunity to earn academic credit toward graduation while building their professional skills through internship experiences.
Which Course is Right for you?
Ask your academic advisor which course is right for you — some departments offer internship credit and you should fulfill your department’s option first.
- ABEH-X473: Animal Behavior Internship Course
- ASCS-X373 + X375: Arts + Sciences Internship Course
- BIOL-X473: Biology, Microbiology, and Biotechnology Internship Course
- HIST-X473: History Internship Course
- IU POLS DC: IU Internship in Politics, Opportunity, Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship program
- MSCH-X474: Journalism Internship Course
- MSCH-X472: Media Internship Course
Start Your Application
Deadlines: 🌷 Spring: Nov. 5 – Feb. 1. ☀️ Summer: March 5 – June 1. 🍂 Fall: July 2 – Oct 1.
Follow these instructions to submit your application for internship credit on Career Link.
- Go to CareerLink and login using your IU email and passphrase.
- Click ‘My Account’ and choose ‘Internship Credit Application’.
- Select ‘Add New Experience’.
- Complete the form. Please select a work term that includes ‘ASCS’. (Example: ASCS Spring 2020)
- Double-check your application and click ‘Submit.’
View Frequently Asked Questions
How do I see the status of my application?
- You can see the status of your application on the ‘Internship Credit Application’ page. It appears as ‘Pending’ until your application is either approved or rejected.
How do I register for a course?
The Walter Center will provide course registration instructions once your application has been approved.
What happens when my application is rejected? Can I reapply?
You will be notified via your IU email that your application was rejected. Your application’s status will change from ‘Pending’ to ‘Not Approved’ in Career Link. Contact email@example.com to resubmit your application.
What happens when my application is approved?
Your application status will change from ‘Pending’ to ‘Approved’ in Career Link. You will be notified via your IU email that you were approved and receive instructions on how to register for the course.
How long will it take for my application to be approved?
The length of time it takes for your application to be approved is dependent upon your supervisor’s response time. We recommend you tell your supervisor to look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and click the link.
Do I have to pay for internship credit?
The course fees for internship courses are the same as any other credit-bearing course. Calculate your semester fees at Student Central.
You will receive a confirmation email shortly and will be notified of your application’s approval or denial within 2-5 weeks.