Indiana television and radio stations employ more than 48,000 Hoosiers and stations across the state have the opportunity to help launch careers of a new generation of broadcasters. Indiana Broadcasters Association (IBA) will bring their career fair to Franklin Hall commons from 1-5pm on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017. Their member stations from Indiana will feature jobs and internships in all aspects of the broadcast industry. This fair will have good information and opportunities for Freshmen-Seniors.
The IBA is offering a unique opportunity for students to hear from broadcasters who graduated from IU to learn about how they broke into the industry during a panel discussion before the career fair. The panel will begin at 1 p.m. and will include the opportunity for attendees to asks the panelists questions.
How to prepare for the Fair:
- Research the organizations BEFORE attending to ensure you know who they are.
- Dress business professional! It’s important to make a good first impression.
- Bring at least 10 copies of your resume (more is always better!).
- Prepare your 30-second pitch.
- See page 22 of the Career Resource Guide about preparing for a Career Fair.
Employers in attendance:
- WAMW AM-FM/WAXI/WVIG/WZJK/WFNB
- WITZ FM/WQKZ/WITZ AM
- WNOW/WHHH/WTLC/Telemundo Radio
How to prepare for the Panel:
- Research panelists by using LinkedIn and reviewing their work on TV station websites.
- Bring questions to ask the panelists about their career journey. (i.e.- how to did you find your first job? What are some of the biggest challenges/rewards of your position?, etc.)
- Kara Kenney, RTV6 Reporter (Indianapolis)
- Carlos Diaz, WTHR Reporter (Indianapolis)
- Brad Holtz, Director of Programming for Sarkes Tarzian, Inc (based in Bloomington)