October 2020 GradEx Series:
October 1, 8, 15, and 22
Conducted virtually via Zoom and Canvas
So, what are you going to do after Grad School? What a loaded question, right? This career exploration group will help graduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences systematically think through an answer.
In partnership with the Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education, the Walter Center for Career Achievement is offering a four-session Graduate Career Exploration Group (GradEX) this October. It does not matter whether you plan to stay the course of your current career plans, explore potential alternatives, or both—career coaches will help you navigate the possibilities.
Space will be limited, so pre-registration via Handshake will be required. Participants will receive complimentary printed materials that will be available for pickup at the Walter Center in Ernie Pyle Hall.
Here is a brief session summary:
• Meet and Greet
• Unpack implications of looking for employment both inside and outside academe
• Self-Exploration Exercises
• Developing and Sharing Potential Trajectories
• Composing Life Plans
• Career Exploration Resources
• Networking 101 for Grad Students
• Researching Industries and Employers
• CVs, Resumes, and Cover Letters
• Workshop Job Application Materials
• Interview Preparation
• Job Offer Negotiation