As IU’s largest design event of the year, this is an excellent opportunity to get relevant and qualified feedback on your existing body of work. This event also offers you the chance to network with industry professionals seeking to connect with creative talent to fill internships and entry-level roles in the creative sector, with emphasis on graphic, interior, and comprehensive design.
- Browning Day
- BSA Lifestructures
- Carson Design Associates
- Felt Creative Co.
- Four Point Design
- Hannah Theiring Creative
- IDO Inc.
- IIDA Indiana Chapter
- IU Interior Design Office
- IU M_Arch Faculty
- IU Studios
- Louisville Tile
- RATIO Architects, Inc.
- Schmidt Associates
- Third Street Agency
A number of virtual panel discussions with industry professionals will also be offered in conjunction with Portfolio Reviews. Any IU student registered on Handshake will be eligible to attend any of the following sessions:
- Panel Discussion: Interior Design
- Panel Discussion: Graphic Design
- Panel Discussion: Branding
- Panel Discussion: Freelance and Independent Work
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 1–2 p.m. (EST)
- Handshake event registration link coming soon
- Panelists: Hannah Theiring, Zach Dobson, Kimberly Shrack, Cristina Vanko
- Overview: A moderated discussion with professional creatives whose careers are centered on freelance and independent work. Students will have the opportunity to hear from these practitioners—representing a variety of artistic disciplines—to get an insider perspective on the challenges and benefits of professional independent ventures. Topics for discussion will include but not be limited to: building clientele, financial management, social media and personal brand management, and virtual storefronts and licensing.