Are you a social media savvy campus leader with a diverse social network? Do you have a passion for woman’s clothing and fashion? Are you interested in having your ideas and the ideas of your peers translated into clothing designs that may be sold at retailers across the country? If yes, then Avalon Apparel is looking for you to help build out their nationwide “Fashion Board”!
Avalon Apparel is a full service woman’s apparel design house based in Los Angeles that designs and produces private label garments sold at some of America’s largest retailers. You might even own a garment from the likes of Nordstrom, Macy’s, or Target that started as an Avalon design!
Avalon developed the concept of the “Fashion Board” as a way to engage with prospective apparel consumers, ensuring that the designs Avalon offers to their retail partners are exactly what their customers want. Starting as a small idea tapping into the networks of their current employees, and seeing the positive response from their retail clients, Avalon has decided that it is time to expand the concept to ensure that a true cross section of the consumer’s voice is being heard across all customer demographics. And that’s where you come in!
Avalon is looking for qualified applicants at universities across the country to serve as inaugural interns in their rollout of the “Fashion Board” to capture more voices from the end consumer!
Here are the details of the Avalon Apparel Fashion Marketing Internship:
- Participate in monthly focus groups with the Avalon Apparel team via Zoom, giving your input on incoming apparel trends (are skinny jeans really dead?), specific garment design details (should this dress have three or four tiers of ruffles?), print and pattern direction (would you wear cow print?), etc; feedback will be primarily focused on woman’s fashion targeting the Gen Z consumer
- Recruit a diverse and reliable Fashion Board “Street Team” and lead your own monthly focus groups with said teams via Zoom, covering the same topics that you covered during your own focus group with the Avalon team
- Utilize Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, and other social media sites to share fashion inspiration, and encourage your “Street Team” to do the same; summarize the monthly findings of your “Street Team” and report back to Avalon on said findings
- Estimated time commitment is 10 hours per month for “Interns”, 5 hours per month for their “Street Teams”
- “Interns” and their “Street Teams” will be given the opportunity to network with Avalon Apparel executives during their time of participation
- Internship is unpaid, and not for college credit
Internship is open to any prospective major, although may be of specific interest to those pursuing degrees in Business, Marketing, Retail, Fashion Merchandising, or Fashion Design.
In addition to submitting their resume, applicants should complete a project showcasing their understanding of the Gen Z woman’s fashion landscape; project should be a pdf slide or slides and be transmitted electronically to Avalon at email@example.com.
Applicants of interest will be asked to complete a screening via Wedge prior to a Zoom interview with the Avalon team depending upon the number of applications received.