As a participant in the Belk Internship Program you will gain real word experience and exposure to various functional areas of Design. You will focus on fashion trends while building relationships with executives and vendors. Design Interns will learn key areas of the role including but not limited to Sketch reviews, competitive research, creating trend boards, managing color samples and fabric selection. The Internship Program provides exposure to senior leaders, professional development workshops, structured assignments and social events over the 10 weeks in the Summer. Interns will leave understanding the complexity of big box department stores and the excitement of the retail and ecommerce industry.
- Prepare materials for design team review
- Assist in creating trend boards, color direction, and compelling product assortments
- Participate in design challenges with Belk on white space or new initiatives
- Assist in product development cycle from initial sketch, fabric selection and final fit
- Provide creative ideas on how to market the brand and brand growth
- Assist Design teams with milestone meeting presentation set up and break down
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in Spring 2021
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred)
- Able to see and recognize colors and lift 25 lbs.
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, confidence and self-motivation
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for apparel design, and Kaledo, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for textile design