Who Are We?
Big Teeth is a woman and family-owned creative production studio, specializing in films & animation, located on Chicago’s north side, with the core values of joy, family, and resourcefulness. To get a sense of our work and culture, spend some time checking out this website and our social channels.
Are You the Right Fit?
Finding the right fit is really important because while our numbers are small, our work isn’t. Ultimately you are a creative problem solver who will have a real and noticeable impact on the work.
We love people who:
- Have strong opinions aren’t jerks
- Enjoy juggling different styles
- Stay on top of design and animation trends
- Can design out of thin air and can also emulate popular styles
- Like to play with others and value good relationships with their co-workers
- Are more interested in doing good work than making it look like they’re working hard
- Can balance designing and animating multiple projects at once
Day to Day responsibilities may include:
- Working with Creative Director to develop and design pitches
- Designing style frames and storyboards
- Animating primarily 2D projects
- Collaborating with editors and audio engineer on animation and mixed media projects
- Assisting with internal brand, website, social media and “for fun” projects
- Creating assets for animation (PSD, AI…) and motion graphics, sometimes collaborating with or managing other animators
- Skills: Adobe Creative Suite (AE, PPro, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) – Cinema 4D, Toon Boom (Nice to have, not required) – Knowing a company’s brand guidelines better than the client themself
- Independently educating yourself on software and trends (AE, C4D, etc.)
If you are into ego and office drama – you won’t like us too much. If you like dogs and the possibility of more dogs, you’ll probably fit in pretty well.
Please note: This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL. We are currently working from home but hope to return to the office (at least in some capacity) later this year.