This position will start in August and go through November and pay a stipend of $500 per month, which is to be divided into two installments paid on the 15th and the last day of each month. This position does not include benefits, vacation or other paid time off.
This internship is focused on the internal and external marketing of our Council. In order to provide the desired level of customer service approximately (10) hours per week will be required to fulfill this commitment, which will be tracked by Renee Allen, Assistant to the Scout Executive/CEO, who will serve as your supervisor. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assisting in the coordination of an external and internal marketing campaign that is aimed at increasing the presence of Hoosier Trails Council, the popcorn sale and the fall membership campaign to the general public.
• Create Facebook posts to keep the Council followers up to date on events and news releases.
• Create a weekly Kernel Journal publication to inform Unit Popcorn Kernels on upcoming dates and provide marketing suggestions to improve unit popcorn sales.
• Keep the Hoosier Trails Council website up to date and monitor the site for out of date information.
• Communicate with packs, troops and crews to promote events and membership.
• General event data tracking and customer service required by special events.
• Assist Renee in special projects that come up.
There will be some work that can be accomplished off-site; however, there will be required meetings and time spent in the office, to successfully fulfill this role.
Council Marketing Internship