The position is located at a client facility in Bloomington, IN.
The Biobank Technician is responsible for registering, labeling, retrieving, and discarding irreplaceable biological and production materials (research samples, products, etc.) as assigned, while maintaining appropriate temperature. The incumbent is accountable for performing all assigned tasks with full attention and accuracy to maintain the integrity of the material and the storage processes.
- Perform all functions methodically and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to FDA Good Practices (GMP, GTP, GLP, GDP), International Organization of Standards (ISO), College of American Pathologists (CAP) standards and other regulatory requirements as outlined in SOPs.
- Handle materials in a manner that maintains required temperatures (+30oC to -196oC) per the project definition and SOPs.
- Follow all safety requirements for working with infectious and non-infectious biological materials, radioactive materials, chemical compounds and drug products.
- Utilize the Company Inventory Management System for all sample handling tasks and ensure chain of custody and audit trails for all activities are proactively maintained.
- We need 24 hour coverage on the weekends. Ideally, the shifts will be 7:00am-3:30pm, 3:00pm-11:30pm and 11:00pm-7:30am, but adjustments can be made. Shift differential pay available for 2nd and 3rd shift.
- This position is expected to end sometime between March and May 2021.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- OR Associate Degree + 2 years of relevant experience
- OR HS Diploma + 4 years of relevant experience
- GMP/GTP/CLIA Experience, preferred
- Ability to make decisions and judgements based on reasoning
- Ability to perform tasks with care, is thorough and checks work for accuracy and completeness
- Strong attention to detail for repetitive tasks