Do you have hands-on experience in a laboratory setting? Interested in Cell Biology? Have HPLC or LCMS experience? Interested in In-vitro Drug Metabolism? Come join the leading global Contract Research Organization (CRO) for Drug Metabolism!
We have a great opportunity for an In-vitro Research Analyst in our Drug Metabolism group in Madison, WI. Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work. Help improve patients’ lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will conduct all work in compliance with appropriate company standards, GLP, GCP, GMP (where appropriate) and regulatory guidelines specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop competent basic laboratory skills to support duties in primary area of work
- Sets up and performs appropriate analyses in primary area of responsibility based on the study protocol and in conjunction with the study team.
- Participate in study protocol reviews
- Participates in study meetings (i.e. pre-initiation meeting)
- Maintains study documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Reviews own work for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment
- Deliver results within agreed time-frame
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment and perform routine maintenance
- Consistently and continuously responds efficiently to requests (delivers high quality output on time)
- Contributes ideas and thoughts to enhance service and improve processes
- Provides constructive feedback to supervisor or team on study progress
- Follow instructions, SOPs and protocols that apply to current role to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn and develop self
- Responds positively to requests for information and help from others
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the need for working with individuals and in teams and contributes to the common goals of the business unit
- Ability to persevere and solve problems as they occur
- Demonstrates a positive attitude regarding challenging objectives
- Informs Study Director and/or Study Coordinator of any unforeseen circumstances that may affect the integrity of the study
- Works under supervision and guidance of more experienced colleagues
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, etc.)
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Hands on experience in a general laboratory setting
- Experience using laboratory equipment including pipettes, balances, centrifuges, incubators, etc.
- Knowledge of various analytical techniques including but not limited to absorbance, fluorescents, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), mass spectrometry, PCR etc.
- Experience preparing biological samples and performing extractions