STARTUP ACCELERATOR INTERNSHIP
ABOUT THE MILL
The Mill (www.dimensionmill.org) is Bloomington’s center of gravity for innovators, remote workers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We renovated a 105-year-old building from the Showers Brothers Furniture Company and transformed it into a 19,000 square-foot coworking space and business incubator.
Already a major driver of innovation in our community, The Mill is home to 30+ companies and more than 200 members. They’re a crucial part of the infrastructure – talent, capital, and training – we need for the 21st century to help our City and State evolve in the new economy. Operating as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, our mission is to launch and accelerate startups, and our vision is to become Indiana’s center of gravity for entrepreneurship.
As a Startup Accelerator Intern you will assist in the management, planning, and promotion of The Mill’s suite of accelerator programs. A successful candidate will be able to take initiative, give input, and be open to constructive feedback with a professional and positive attitude. The Startup Accelerator Intern will work closely with The Mill’s Head of Accelerator Programming and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist in managing startup event calendar
- Adding Mill events to the calendar
- Finding/adding pre-accelerator/accelerator application deadlines to the calendar
- Assist in managing startup newsletter
- Help to identify startups to feature
- Assist in prep work and coordination of Mill pitch competitions
- Scheduling coordination
- Prepping any presentation materials
- Technical assist with running competitions (virtually)
- Assist with gathering and organization of application materials
- Assist in prep work and coordination of Mill pre-accelerator programming
- Scheduling coordination
- Prepping presentation materials
- Technical assist in running modules (virtually)
- Assist in managing Best Places to Work Bloomington 2021
- Work with community partners to develop and implement plan for 2021 awards
- Coordinate and manage meetings and agendas
- Outreach to past honorees
- Outreach to potential 2021 honorees
- Support Mill entrepreneurs and startups
- Support work to advance The Mill’s mission
- Additional duties as needed
Supervisor: Andy Lehman, Head of Accelerator Programming, The Mill
Hours: 10 hours/week
Duration: Spring semester 2021
Email a cover letter and resume as PDFs to email@example.com with the subject line: “Startup Accelerator Intern”. This is your chance to describe why working at The Mill would be a great fit for you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we have a standing policy of nondiscrimination at The Mill. We respect the unique and diverse perspective of all employees. We accord all qualified persons an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status or condition protected by federal, state, or local law.