The Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) and Young Evangelicals for Climate Action (YECA) seek a full-time Director of Communications who will oversee communication efforts, provide leadership for education initiatives, engage on policy efforts, and assume development duties under the direction of the President/C.E.O.
The Director, Communication will work under the supervision of the Vice President, closely with the President/C.E.O., and function in a team environment with all staff and shall be responsible for the following functions:
- Oversee and maintain EEN/YECA’s website, social media presence, and all other communications channels.
- Serve as press contact for EEN/YECA;
- Assist in developing new donors and foundations, cultivating existing donors, and sending regular donor communications;
- Create and send timely emails to our network of contacts, in partnership with the EEN/YECA staff;
- Develop annual communications plan for the President’s approval and implement once approved;
- Coordinate policy education work, in collaboration with the entire team;
- Produce and/or supervise the production of videos, graphics, and other promotional materials to communicate our message more effectively;
- Manage all email accounts, as well as all databases;
- Develop and implement a plan to increase the usable number of grassroots contacts;
- Assist in the development of EEN/YECA media and policy statements and publish them on all appropriate websites and social media accounts;
- Release press statements and send to appropriate media outlets and reporters;
- Track & produce monthly media reports for EEN/YECA;
- Be responsible for all external communications;
- Serve as an editor for newsletters, emails, statements, or other written materials;
- Manage and assist outside vendors and partners regarding all communications;
- Actively engage and promote EEN’s networking capacity;
- As directed by the Vice President or President/C.E.O., represent EEN at selected meetings, conferences, and seminars;
- Meet regularly with Vice President to discuss ongoing work;
- Prepare updates and reports on efforts for funders and for Board of Directors, as requested.
The Director, Communications shall function within EEN/YECA team and contribute to our overall success through:
- Regular participation in staff meetings and calls;
- Valuing and respecting the input of all staff;
- Assisting in the timely preparation of grant proposals, grant/other reporting, budgets, and other administrative matters;
- Providing analysis and input to strategic plans and campaigns;
- Serving as an ex officio member of YECA’s national steering committee;
- Assuming other tasks as assigned by the President or Vice President to fulfill EEN’s mission and vision.
Skills, Education, & Training
- Skilled in writing and speech communications, including:
- Experienced in manuscript and copy editing;
- Proficient in writing opinion editorials and letters to editors;
- Demonstrated ability to draft press releases/statements and media advisories.
- Experience in pitching stories to various media.
- Creative thought process and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Proficient in:
- Word or similar word processing software;
- Graphic & video design;
- Latest social media trends and platforms;
- Excel or similar spreadsheet software;
- Google Drive Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides)
- The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects, and is comfortable working remotely.
Benefits include health insurance stipend, vacation, sick time, retirement contributions, and holidays.
The Evangelical Environmental Network is an evangelical Christian ministry open to all individuals who affirm the adopted National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith, found on page 3.
Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, portfolio of communications projects, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.