FORGE PR is looking for a part-time fall intern who is hard-working, curious, motivated, and passionate about public relations. You will have the opportunity to work closely with key media and entertainment applications like Meltwater and WhoRepresents. As an intern, you will be responsible for crafting client-ready content, directing research projects, designing social media content, and providing support for new business and current clients. The firm provides a sociable, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment that is full of learning opportunities. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with the founders who are well-versed experts in the field of communications. Our goal is to provide an experience that will help you learn and propel you forward in the world of public relations!
We are looking for PR interns who can work remotely and are flexible with their hours; interns are expected to work approximately 10-15 hours per week. Internship is unpaid. Please include your resume and a cover letter for consideration of the role.
- Conduct research for clients such as corporate partnership trackers, event opportunities, new influencer contacts, etc.
- Engage in brainstorms and project meetings
- Draft a range of written materials (ex: pitches, briefs, client facing documents, meeting notes and agendas, etc.)
- Initiate relationships with media contacts and send pitches to targeted media
- Participate in weekly internal calls as well as occasional client account status calls
- Assist mentors as needed
Qualifications + Skills:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, etc.
- Public relations experience or education is preferred
- Proficiency with Google Suites
- Ability to organize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Relevant leadership experience at a collegiate level
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously