MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Please note division and function examples are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Numbers-driven functions and teams which strive to create functional experts and value analytical thinkers. These teams contribute to the firm by partnering with each of the firm’s businesses to understand and manage risks, measure profitability, and create solutions through quantitative analysis, projecting, budgeting and forecasting.
Divisions and Job Functions
Controllers play a key role in measuring and accurately reporting the profitability of the firm’s complex products, services and businesses globally. Professionals work with each of the firm’s businesses, gaining the expertise required to provide the critical analysis to ensure the internal and external financial information of the firm is accurate and that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Teams are responsible for profit and loss (P&L) reporting and analysis, independent valuation, capital analysis and financial reporting. Professionals in this function have an analytical mindset, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds.
Business Finance and Spend Management (BFSM) in the Services Division provides commercial management of the firm’s non-compensation operating expense and front-to-back transparency of the allocation and expenditure across the firm. BFSM consists of two primary business functions:
- Business Finance provides analysis and financial insight on the operating expenses incurred across all businesses, increasing transparency and understanding of how the firm leverages operating expense while transforming the processes that govern them. Its main business units are Divisional CFOs, Transformation and Regional Finance.
- Spend Management sources, negotiates and provides oversight for the vendors that provide goods and services to the firm while managing the related risk and finances. Its three main business units are Product Finance, Supply Chain and Procure to Pay.
Internal Audit assesses the firm’s internal control structure, advises management on developing control solutions, and monitors the implementation of these measures. Working in this department means you’ll be providing reasonable assurance that financial reporting is reliable, there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the firm’s operations are effectively controlled.
Investment Banking Data Resources Group supports the global Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs with financial, market and transaction data inputs. DRG’s responsibilities broadly involve receiving data requests from bankers and providing responses based on information from proprietary and third party databases. The function includes interpreting the request, understanding the deadline, identifying the database best suited for the job, retrieving the data, reviewing the data for any apparent anomalies and charting or presenting the data in agreed formats
Tax analyzes and supports the activities, operations, reporting obligations and transactions of the firm’s business lines to ensure that tax consequences and reputational risks are evaluated appropriately.
Divisional Finance Teams are responsible for divisional finance activities, including financial reporting, performance analytics and business strategy and planning. Collaborates closely with senior management on projects impacting the growth and profitability of the division as a whole, as well as with the leadership on specific financial issues and strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (2017 – December 2019)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and proficient in building and handling complicated models
- Ability to understand, dissect and analyze data to drive decisions and/or make recommendations