The Science Teacher will serve as a member of the STEM instructional team. The teacher will facilitate learning for students in classes ranging from grades 9-12 using a variety of concepts and methods which include scientific inquiry, real-world simulations and applications of scientific concepts, use of technology, project-based learning, and differentiated instruction. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of disciplinary literacy.
Display a working knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards, Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Science, and 21st Century Skills and display the ability to:
- Design curriculum units for courses, including Biology, Integrated Chemistry/Physics, and Environmental Science.
- Deconstruct standards to create daily objectives that will drive students to standard mastery.
- Use a research-based, standards-aligned instructional resource to guide the scope and sequence of instruction.
- Support students in understanding how the subject content supports their attainment of postsecondary plans.
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers' Retirement Fund for eligible employees.
How to Apply