Indiana Knitwear is seeking a Product Developer
Come work for a fast-paced manufacturing company working with the leading brands in sports apparel. As a product developer, you will work as the liaison between the customer and factory to execute the customers product E2E. The product developer will follow development from concept to finished product by working closely with the technical design team and factory.
· Work closely and maintain open communication with a cross-functional team: Senior Development Managers, Developers, Patternmakers, Costing Specialist, Sample Department, Sourcing Managers, Sales Team & Product Specialist
· Work with the customer on developing an initial prototype based on their technical pack/BOM
· Work with the tech design team on construction details and specs from customers tech pack
· Handle all daily communication with the factory for given program
· Acts as liaison between customer and production team in the factory
· Ensure that final products meet customer requirements.
· Review samples to ensure comments, trims, fabric, embellishments are correct
· Ensure all necessary content and correct style information is available for style set up in PLM
· Create embellishment instructions based on customer requires
· Provide sewing, measurements, packing to factory based on customer BOM’s
Developer Basic Requirements
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude
· Able to work closely with other employees to help manage overall workload in addition to managing personal workload
· Demonstrated initiative and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to manage multiple projects at a time with attention to detail.
· Learn/retain product information quickly.
· Knowledge of the prototype design process
· Experience with PLM software a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
· Working knowledge of Adobe Cloud: Illustrator/Photoshop/PDF
· Basic design knowledge
· Knowledge of technical design understands patterns, markers and sewing terminologies