MediaMakers is an interdisciplinary team within CEW&T committed to empowering women working across the media spectrum. Together, we aim to build confidence and knowledge in the use of technology to promote academic, career, and social advancement of women. MediaMakers supports the needs of students in the Media School and CEW&T affiliates but also serves the broader IU community of students interested in creative media. The team provides opportunities for instructional tutorials, professional development, networking, and socializing. Each day, MediaMakers works to develop and maintain a rich information-technology environment throughout the university that supports IU's vision for excellence in research, teaching, outreach, and lifelong learning.
Intern Job Description:
- Work with and assist the lead intern to launch, build, and grow an engaged learning community of undergraduate and graduate women students interested in media and technology.
- Assist in the creation of a strategic plan for the year that includes mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan, and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for the IU community to further common interests.
- Help provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to CEW&T’s mission and to the goals of the team to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Advocate for women and underrepresented groups in the media and tech arena.
- Meet weekly meeting with lead champion and interns.
- Attend bi-monthly Lead Intern meetings.
- Attend and present at the annual CEWiT Technology Summit on March 6-7, 2020.
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat on August 30-31, 2019