Under direct supervision, the Social Media Coordinator & Team Lead assists in the creation of content for and plans communication efforts via CEW&T’s social media sites. The student hired in this role will create and maintain a social media strategic plan using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest, as well as seek out other platforms appropriate for CEW&T’s communication.
Additionally, the student in this position is expected to lead CEW&T’s Social Media Student Alliance team by assigning and managing tasks to implement and broaden the exposure and impact of the social media strategy. The lead will also work to grow a learning community of students interested in social media skills and careers through events, workshops, and speakers.
We will consider both undergraduate and graduate students for this position.
Social Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- With the help of the Social Media Team, ensure that content on CEW&T’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn Group is dynamic, relevant, and appropriate to CEW&T’s audiences, and is grammatically correct and error-free.
- Develop and implement posting campaigns for specific activities/initiatives, such as IU Day, Giving Tuesday, the CEWiT Summit, etc.
- Track and seek out opportunities for improvement based on monthly analytics.
Lead Intern Responsibilities:
- The lead intern, with the support of a faculty champion, will launch, build, and grow an engaged CEW&T Learning Community of undergraduate and graduate women students focused primarily on the shared interest in social media.
- Create a vision plan for the year and include mission, goals, marketing, implementation plan and desired outcomes.
- Schedule events, workshops, speakers, and other activities for SIG members and the IU community to further common interests.
- Network with social media professionals in the Indiana University community.
- Supervise 2 interns who are charged with assisting in the development of this community.
- Provide timely reports to CEW&T regarding marketing plans, attendance, and assessment information following various programs.
- Commit to the overall mission of CEW&T and to the goals of the SIG to develop a meaningful community.
- Serve as a role model to interns and members.
- Be an advocate for women and underrepresented groups in social media.
- Meet weekly meeting with interns and faculty champion.
- Attend bi-monthly all lead intern meetings held on Fridays at 3:30pm.
- Attend and present at the annual CEW&T Summit on March 6-7, 2019.
- Attend mandatory Student Leadership Retreat on August 30-31, 2019.
How to Apply