The Program in Neuroscience (PNS) is looking for a talented photo/video specialist to take photos, shoot video, and edit and photos and videos so they are suitable for online, social media and print publications. Candidates should be able to create photos that complement text in a creative way and videos that bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story.
Students from all majors who meet the position requirements are encouraged to apply. Position may be of specific interests to students majoring in communications, media, film studies, fine arts, photography, or related fields.
• Coordinate with PNS to identify photography and video needs
• Work from raw video footage to create a variety compelling narratives that will capture interest in PNS through web and social media outlets
• Review photos and videos, edit and make necessary changes while working to a deadline
• Use music, voice-overs, graphics and effects to bring a story to life
• Create rough and final cuts and seek feedback from PNS throughout the process (from raw footage to final cut)
• Must follow appropriate university guidelines and uphold a positive reputation for the department and the university
• Demonstrate a creative mind and strong storytelling skills through a diverse portfolio of photography and/or videography
• Proven experience with digital technology and editing software
• Must be willing to learn new software and systems as needed
• Effective time management, working under pressure to meet deadlines and a collaborative mindset are essential
Contact: Faye Caylor, Program Administrator, Program in Neuroscience, Psychology Bldg, Room 343, IU-Bloomington, IN 47405 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone: 812-320-8348 — Office Phone: 812-855-7756
Please email your application to email@example.com