In this role, you will learn how to work with a network of writers for a media group specifically covering Indiana University athletics. The primary responsibility will be to assist with managing the social media accounts for www.indianahq.com. Social media channels include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and an exploration in to a number of other modern platforms.
Our media group has a number of other channels including podcasts, video, graphics design, and more. Depending on the candidate, there may be opportunities to get exposure to many modern areas of sports journalism.
Activities may include:
- Covering news surrounding the Indiana University Hoosiers athletics programs
- Leading social media platforms and learning techniques to optimize organic social traffic
- Support the writing of articles, analysis, and opinions
- Learning the journalistic editing process and various workflows associated with delivering content to audiences
- Learn the usage of analytics tools to assess readership and ways to test marketing activities
- Assist with tracking and monitoring social media growth across multiple platforms.
- Assist with audio/video/graphic design and editing
- Learn to use tools supporting audio/video/graphic design such as Photoshop, Illustrator, GarageBand, etc.
- Learn the mechanics of operating a modern website and all of the various associated considerations around performance, security, design, advertising, audience engagement, etc.
- Support the marketing of the organization with a growing apparel line