Deep in the woods of Northern Michigan, artistic disciplines merge and unbreakable bonds form. Surrounded by creative energy as you live amongst – and learn from – other expert professionals.
Join us as a Stage Services Manager for the 2021 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. In this position, you will oversee and coordinate the Stage Services team, an integral part of Interlochen Arts Camp. The Stage Services team maintains multiple venues and keeps over a dozen orchestras, bands, choirs, and small ensembles running smoothly.
The dates of employment are 5/17/21-8/10/21 and the stipend for this position is $3,826. A shorter agreement is also available – 6/7/21-8/10/21 with a stipend of $2,892. Housing and all meals are included with this position.
Over the course of the summer, Stage Services team members can be found managing rehearsals, performing maintenance and inventory tasks, loading and unloading trucks, allocating equipment, and overseeing concerts. Managers work closely together, and with representatives from many other areas, to coordinate the “when, where, and how” that brings everything together for a successful rehearsal, concert, or event.
- Assist with the day to day needs of the music ensembles and performance venues at Interlochen Arts Camp
- Participate in the management of staff, including providing training and mentorship, scheduling, and evaluating individual performance
- Schedule, plan and supervise work crews tasked with a specific project
- Work closely with music ensemble managers and faculty to make sure venues are ready and set correctly for rehearsals, classes, and performances
- Participate in the scheduling and supervising of venues, including general upkeep, equipment inventory, and repair, tracking of maintenance needs, and daily open and close duties
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in the workplace and serve as an example of leadership to students and staff
- Assist with dance, theatre, and guest artist productions as required
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Experience and Skills
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift heavy objects
- Position requires someone who is motivated and a quick learner
- Ability to work occasional long hours and maintain a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of/or participation in any of the performing arts is desirable
Required Items to Upload on Your Application:
- Cover Letter
- Housing and all meals are included with this position
- Discounts on performances and in our on-campus store, The Scholarshop