The Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education is looking for a driven, talented multi-media specialist to create and implement visual concepts for distribution online, on social media, and in print publications. Candidates should be able to tie photos and text together in a creative way. Videos should bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story. Graphics should attract and interact with targeted virtual communities via social channels. Candidates should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on each channel.
Students from all majors who meet the position requirements are encouraged to apply. Position may be of specific interest to students in journalism, communications, media, arts, or related fields. Please list any relevant coursework and provide a work sample.
· Build and execute social media strategy through audience identification and research, benchmarking, and messaging to increase the visibility of OVPUE
· Schedule social media posts and develop suitable, targeted, content for various channels that builds meaningful connections and encourages students to take action
· Moderate user-generated content on OVPUE platforms
· Capture and analyze appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and act on the information to continuously improve the OVPUE presence and message
· Shoot video footage and create compelling narratives that will capture student interest
· Review photos and videos, edit and make necessary changes
· Use Creative Suite software to edit photos and videos, create infographics, and motion graphics
· Create rough and final cuts and seek feedback from the OVPUE team throughout the process (from raw footage to final cut)
· Assist in writing feature stories, web and social media content
· Must follow all appropriate university guidelines and uphold a positive reputation for the department and the university