Clinical Research Coordinator – (3131747)
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
RAs will work under the mentorship of Dr. Richard Liu, assisting primarily with two NIMH-funded studies using computational methods to model neurocognitive markers and ambulatory indices (i.e., mobile technology including actigraphy, physiological arousal, and ecological momentary assessment) of short-term risk for suicidal behavior in adolescents. This position is particularly suited for individuals interested in gaining research and clinical experience prior to graduate or medical school.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains records and databases
- Uses software programs to generate graphs and reports
- Assists with recruiting patients for clinical trials
- Obtains patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Conducts library searches
- Verifies accuracy of study forms
- Updates study forms per protocol
- Documents patient visits and procedures
- Assists with regulatory binders and QA/QC procedures
- Assists with interviewing study subjects
- Administers and scores questionnaires
- Assists with study regulatory submissions
- Writes consent forms
- Verifies subject inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Performs administrative support duties as required
- Data collection and management
- Participant recruitment, retention, and reimbursement
- Interfacing with hospital clinical staff and participants recruited from the adolescent inpatient units
- Supervision of undergraduate volunteers
There may be opportunities to conduct independent research, submit presentations to national conferences, and prepare manuscripts for publication.
- Careful attention to details
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of clinical research protocols
- Ability to demonstrate respect and professionalism for subjects’ rights and individual needs
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Psychology, sociology, and premed majors are encouraged to apply, but all are welcome.
- New graduates with some relevant course/project work or those without any prior research experience will be considered.
- Experience with data management and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, Mplus, R) and with writing scripts in E-Prime are preferred but not required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
- A Clinical Research Coordinator I does not have any supervisory responsibility.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
MA-Boston-MGH 1 Bowdoin
MGH 1 Bowdoin
1 Bowdoin Square
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours 40
Recruiting Department MGH Psychiatry
Aug 27, 2020