It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN-TV is looking for a strong reporter with the right combination of news judgment, personality, energy, and experience for the top-rated WGN Morning News.
The right candidate must have the ability to handle stories on all topics, especially breaking news; generate story ideas; display an on-air presence that is friendly and authoritative; and have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
Experience from a top 20 market is preferred.
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
- Five (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery and camera presence
- Understand importance of social media
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
Must include a link to online reel when applying.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Go to https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ and search for REQ-4938.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled