Interview Date: September 20, 2019
Interview Location: Los Angeles, CaliforniaUnited States,New York, New YorkUnited States
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong retail math skills
• Highly effective written and verbal communication
• Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
• Desire to work as an Assistant Buyer upon Graduation
• Business Acumen • Vendor Relationships
• Communication • Analysis & Judgment
• Problem Solving • Collaboration
• Results Orientation
The expectation is for you to learn what it is like to work as an assistant buyer at Ross Stores. You will be assigned to a specific buyer and given responsibility in the buying office. You will learn to:
• Perform the administrative & operational functions supporting a designated buyer.
• Handle purchase order management and administration as well as processing markdowns. This includes writing orders, changes, cancellations and necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
• Analyze and interpret key business issues as directed by supervisor including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, and stock analysis.
• Develop effective relationships with vendors. This includes appropriate level of interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and follow-up.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse processes. Includes utilizing systems and preparation of reporting to allow for interpretation of the business.
• Demonstrate product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market.