About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016 revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for LessÂ® ('Ross'), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with over 1,363 locations in 37 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates 198 dd's DISCOUNTSÂ® in 15 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear, and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company's merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
A career that fits you
Amazing culture and people
Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
- Perform the administrative & operational functions supporting a designated buyer.
- Handle purchase order management and administration as well as processing
markdowns. This includes writing orders, changes, cancellations and necessary
follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed.
- Analyze and interpret key business issues as directed by supervisor including the
monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, and stock analysis.
- Develop effective relationships with vendors. This includes appropriate level of interaction with vendors in terms of both problem resolution and follow-up.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse processes. Includes utilizing systems and preparation of reporting to allow for interpretation of the business.
- Demonstrate product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market.