Southern Indiana Community Health Care (SICHC) is a 501c (3) nonprofit Community Health Center with a long history of serving low-income individuals and families in the rural communities of Orange and Crawford County, Indiana. Since 1974, the mission has been to provide high quality, comprehensive, and community sensitive health care utilizing Christ-oriented principles.
Our integrated health care system targets underserved communities, those with economic vulnerability and access barriers to primary medical, behavioral, and oral healthcare.
1. The teachings and life of Jesus are of utmost importance in our decision making.
2. Health care should be comprehensive, continuous and accessible by the people in our communities. This care needs to encompass not only acute care, but also health maintenance, disease prevention, wellness education and institutional care.
3. We value health care delivery with compassion and concern for the whole person, spiritual and emotional as well as physical.
4. We need to be attentive to the needs of the materially poor, providing them access to health care at a reachable cost. This sets some limits on our charges and income expectations.
5. The delivery of health care involves many tasks relating to various areas of life. We believe that care is best delivered by a team of professionals from various backgrounds working in a coordinated fashion.
6. We place a priority on meeting the needs of our patients while maintaining financial profitability. We appreciate the significance of financial incentives for staff and believe profits should benefit both community and staff.
7. Our concern extends to the community in general. As an organization and individuals, we exist as a resource to the community to support and develop systems which protect and enrich the lives of our community.
Work closely with the marketing committee and administrative team to develop health promotion/ video, recording, print and social media campaigns that help to achieve organizational marketing goals and engage with patients with barriers to healthcare (Low literacy, Limited English proficiency, Limited internet access).
Develop marketing materials for provider and staff recruitment
Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the quality improvement and administrative teams
Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
Create methods for finding and saving online customer reviews
Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer a final report to the quality improvement and administrative teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan
Note: This position is available each semester
Travel reimbursement provided to SICHC offices
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Subj. Media Intern
Katarina Koch, Fund Development Manager