This position offers a variety of opportunities including shadowing and assisting Corporate Communications team members to gain a better understanding of communications tasks within an energy transmission company.
The Internship will include being assigned to creative projects including taking photos of our field locations and team members, producing videos, and contributing stories to Southern Star’s internal weekly newsletter.
This position will also perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which help build a strong network within the Southern Star community and with fellow interns.
This Internship position will travel to other Southern Star locations 50-75% of the time.
This is a paid summer internship. Summer internships are 12-14 weeks in length.
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, providing quality service since 1904. At Southern Star, our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture for everyone to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts. We’re an established company known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity.
- Assist/support Corporate Communications team on a daily basis
- Capture compelling photos and video of staff and work locations
- Gather and write stories for weekly company newsletter
Qualifications: To be considered for the Communications Summer Internship:
- You must be 18 years of age by the start of the summer internship assignment and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 after each completed semester/term.
- You must be a US Citizen or US Person
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing a degree in communications, media, journalism, advertising, marketing, or a related field.
- Experienced in photography, video production, and writing.
- Have an understanding of still camera and video camera functions and basic lighting. A portfolio of your work will be requested.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Premiere, and Photoshop.