Since 2009, Spot has built a team of motivated and knowledgeable employees dedicated to making sure every shipment, every customer, and every contract carrier is taken care of. That’s why, no matter what time or day, we’re always available. Consistently ranked on the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies, IBJ’s Fast 25, and recently selected for Selling Power’s best companies to sell for in 2019, we have grown into one of the fastest growing companies in the nation with over 200 employees across our 2 locations. We have plans to hire an additional 350 people by 2023. Join a team that rewards your hard work and is committed to your success.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Our Carrier Sales Reps are fast-paced, proactive communicators who are tasked with building relationships with our #1 customer – our carriers. These relationships are essential for ensuring long-term partnerships that can endure market fluctuations and volatility resulting in stabilized rates to customers. They excel at negotiating and problem solving and have a teamwork mindset. They are motivated to achieve sales goals through relationships and growth.
- Acts with empathy and compassion toward carriers, customers, and colleagues
- Goes above and beyond for the carrier and customer, doing whatever it takes to get the job done, every time, we never give back freight.
- Impact and persuade carriers when selling and negotiating
- Seeks to develop expert level industry knowledge
- Leverages resources to gain insight when prospecting new carriers
- Create carrier network and build relationships to grow book of business
- Effectively analyze carriers and freight market in your market in order to best meet our customers’ freight needs.
- Proactively plans and organizes day to day activities
Our Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Sales, Business Management, Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in stressful situations in order to effectively problem solve
- Industry or previous sales experience preferred
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- An entrepreneurial attitude with a growth mindset
- Be able to make an immediate impact in a rapidly growing company
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing career development and internal advancement opportunities
- Modern, downtown office with a bowling alley and an on-site gym
- Casual dress code- Spot gear for the days you can’t decide what to wear
- Convenient downtown parking
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and 401k with employer match
- Uncapped earning potential
Spot Freight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Spot Freight is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your request. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.