The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As an Account Coordinator you will primarily support the Client Services team with campaign management & troubleshooting, while learning what it takes to run your own accounts.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Support and mirror the Client Services Account team, with the goal of growing into an Account Manager role
- Set up initial campaigns, monitor effectiveness, and troubleshoot when needed
- Work closely with the Trading team to rapidly onboard new customers
- Become an expert on the use and best practices on The Trade Desk platform
- Responsible for regular check ins with clients and escalation of client issues to senior team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- 0-2 years of experience in a role focused on relationship building with external parties
- Interest in technology and aptitude to learn new tech quickly
- Ability to teach others, maintain confidence while speaking in groups, and humbleness when learning from others
- Solid experience in Excel and MS Office, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.