As Thrivent continues to expand into the broader Christian community, we are excited to introduce a NEW way for talented individuals to join our team of financial professionals throughout the Great Lakes/Mid-America Region. We are currently accepting resumes for our Financial Representative Development Program, created for mission-minded recent college grads with an interest in the financial services industry. Ultimately, these Financial Representatives will work primarily with young professionals, newly married couples and young families on planning for their future. This is a full-time, entry-level role, which includes fixed compensation, bonus and industry leading benefits.
Our mission at Thrivent is to help more Christians be wise with money and live generous lives.
Here is an overview of the program:
Phase 1 (Months 1-18)
- Obtain Life/Health insurance license (pre-requisite to Phase 1)
- Training to help people with basic financial planning: Budgeting, Debt Management, Build Savings and Insurance Planning
- Develop marketing mechanisms to meet prospective members
- Obtain FINRA SIE Exam
Phase 2 (Months 19-36)
- Obtain FINRA Series 6 Top-off exam and Series 63/65
- Begin to administer investment advice and fee-based planning
- Kingdom Advisor training curriculum – best practices in integrating biblical principles in financial planning
Phase 3 (Months 36+)
- Complete Certified Financial Planning (CFP) coursework to obtain the designation
- A thriving, competitive financial planning practice with at least 75 members by the end of Phase 1, working up to 200 engaged members by the end of Phase 3.
- Professional licensing and designations, including FINRA Series 6, 63/65, CFP/CKA
- A referral-driven, fee-based planning practice
- Multiple career path options, including leadership, teaming or corporate roles