Job / Internship Description:
True Stories Inc. is the Bloomington, IN-based company of Emmy-nominated non-fiction filmmaker / investigative podcaster / journalist Ray Nowosielski. Trying to save the world while making some intelligent, entertaining art? Let’s go!
Over the first half of 2021, intern will work with Nowosielski and other collaborators 4-5 days/week (ideally), 5-6 hrs/day, to develop web content for True Stories website and other related social media content.
Projects currently in production for which grant writing and fundraising work to be done:
- 10-part “Serial style” investigative podcast in collaboration with prominent L.A.-based podcast company looks into allegations of lynching of a Black Lives Matter activist
- Feature-length documentary investigating the case of a murdered indeginous women in Montana
- Feature-length documentary looking into a CIA operative named the “Unidentified Queen of Torture” by the New Yorker and the ramifications behind many of her counter-terrorism decisions
- A 20th anniversary re-visit and new feature-length documentary based on the Jersey Widows using archival footage
- True Stories’ in-development documentary projects
Will receive credits on these productions, a resume builder! This internship is ideal for a Grad student or Senior who has excellent writing skills and has an interest in grant writing and fundraising for non-profits as well as traditional film funding/producing. Our company’s general online presence, publicity, promotion and marketing and other corporate day to day benefits from these efforts.
Company Name: True Stories Inc.
Contact Person w contact info: Ray Nowosielski – 929-400-1846 – email@example.com
Title of Position: Grant and Fundraising Internship
Content Development for Marketing
- Work with Ray Nowosielki and other co-workers on building decks needed for grants and other online fundraising materials.
- Find national, regional, international and statewide applicable grants that relate to filmmaking and the topics of films related to True Stories Inc.
- Familiar and ready to launch and supervise online fundraising efforts on site such as GOFUNDME.com or other sources seen fit.
- REQUIREMENT for semester: Apply to ONE grant or execute an online fundraising effort of $1,000 minimum.
Desired Qualifications or eager to experience:
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience with online fundraising
- Social media experience organizing a successful event, such as a non-profit fundraiser or for profit
- Great communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good comprehension skills for reading details and legalities of contracts for grants and online sourcing
- Interest in business development for non-profit and for profit organizations and companies
- Knowledge of current trends in social media and/or funding online resources for grants and online fundraising
- Online marketing/pr
- A creative and self-starter
- Problem-solver and info/asset seeker
- Highly organized; strong attention to detail
- Openness to changing creative direction and constructively discussing and incorporating feedback on work
- Technical magician
- Great communication skills: text, email and phone
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop current ones!
Location: Remote, with phone and Zoom check-ins around 1-2 times per week
Salary: 3 credit hours, no pay
Approximate Hours per Week: 25