True Stories, Web Development Internship
Job / Internship Description:
True Stories Inc. is the Bloomington IN-based company of Emmy-nominated non-fiction filmmaker / investigative podcaster / journalist Ray Nowosielski. Trying to save the world, while making some intelligent, entertaining art. Is that too much to ask?
Over the first quarter of 2021, intern will work with Nowosielski and team 4 days/week (ideally), 6.25 hrs/day, to aid with the production of the following projects:
Projects for which web / graphic / edit work to be done:
- 10-part “Serial style” investigative podcast in collaboration with prominent L.A.-based podcast company looks into allegations of lynching of a Black Lives Matter activist
- True Stories Website Template and development
- Double Asterisk Website template and development
The intern will also help develop future projects. Will receive credits on these productions, a resume builder! Additionally, future projects for True Stories will be developed, as well as promotional efforts for past projects. Also company’s general online presence, publicity, promotion and marketing and other corporate day to day.
Company Name: True Stories Inc.
Contact Person w contact info: Ray Nowosielski – 929-400-1846 – email@example.com
Title of Position: Web Development Internship
Description of Duties:
- Build, optimize and maintain websites for various organization initiatives. From the ground up, you get to help us determine a best-practices approach to our web presence based on our unique needs.
- Create boilerplate template websites that can be quickly configured for relatively pain-free and rapid deployment
- Collaborate with content marketing personnel to create a seamless and cohesive experience between social media accounts and site pages
- Track, monitor, benchmark and optimize site traffic to maximize site visitor engagement
- Interface with Content Marketing Intern to utilize (and optimize) graphics, copy and other digital assets for sites
- Develop best-practices workflow for site asset management/optimization, file management, bandwidth allocation and more.
- A growing body of web development work- front end, back end or both
- Intermediate – Expert WordPress experience
- Intermediate – Expert Java/CSS experience
- Strong understanding of UX/UI best practices
- A strong understanding of web hosting and file directory management
- Any other dev languages are a bonus but not necessarily essential- Python, Ruby, etc.
- Self-starter and planner; you see the big picture and want to expand on it
- Researcher and problem-solver
- Highly organized
- Team-oriented and collaborative; you’ll be working with people who don’t know what you know but share the same goals. Help them get there.
Location: Remote, with regular phone and Zoom check-ins as needed
Salary: 3 credit hours, no pay
Approximate Hours per Week: 25