True Stories Inc. is the Bloomington, IN-based company of Emmy-nominated non-fiction filmmaker / investigative podcaster / journalist Ray Nowosielski. Trying to save the world, while making some intelligent, entertaining art. Is that too much to ask?
Over the first half of 2021, intern will work with Nowosielski and other collaborators 4-5 days/week (ideally), 5-6 hrs/day, to develop various promotional content for True Stories website and other related social media content.
Projects currently in production for which web / graphic / edit work to be done:
- 10-part “Serial style” investigative podcast in collaboration with prominent L.A.-based podcast company looks into allegations of lynching of a Black Lives Matter activist
- Feature-length documentary investigating the case of a murdered indeginous women in Montana
- Feature-length documentary looking into a CIA operative named the “Unidentified Queen of Torture” by the New Yorker and the ramifications behind many of her counter-terrorism decisions
- A 20th anniversary re-visit and new feature-length documentary based on the Jersey Widows using archival footage
- True Stories’ in-development documentary projects
- Oscar winning documentarian’s fashion/photography related docu-series
Will receive credits on these productions, a resume builder! Additionally, future projects for True Stories will be developed, as well as promotional efforts for past projects. Also company’s general online presence, publicity, promotion and marketing and other corporate day to day.
Content Marketing Interns Will
- Build and organize pitch/presentation decks (preferably in PPT or similar)
- Write and edit copy for use across Powerpoint decks, social media, web, etc.
- Design and develop graphic assets and materials to be used in conjunction with our various marketing needs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and/or InDesign experience preferable)
- Design, create and edit pitch deck “templates” that can be quickly reskinned for new project initiatives
- Collaborate across all departments to maximize omnichannel marketing efforts
- Create and organize a central critical asset repository/library for use on future projects
- Potentially create and optimize a social media presence for each of our individual projects
- Amazing communication skills- conversationally, in emails, writing for publication, motivated response time, the works. You absolutely get how to reach people.
- Strong background in Powerpoint, Keynote, InDesign or similar publishing suites
- Graphic Design Experience – Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign or similar
- Strong written verbal skills as you’ll likely be writing a fair bit of copy
- Social media experience – ability to creatively utilize the primary social media outlets as drivers of audience engagement
- Strong comprehension of Microsoft Office/Google Docs software suites
- Experience with project management/positions of leadership
- Experience with forms of media
- Written Journalism
- Experience collaborating with a team
- Proficiency with google drive, excel, docs, etc.
- Passion for non-fiction story-telling
- A creative and self-starter
- Problem-solver and info/asset seeker
- Highly organized; strong attention to detail
- Openness to changing creative direction and constructively discussing and incorporating feedback on work
- Technical magician
- Great communication skills: text, email and phone
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop current ones!
Remote, with phone and Zoom check-ins around 1-2 times per week