The Communications Intern reports to the United Way Community Engagement Director. The primary role of this position is to create clear, compelling content for United Way print and digital communications supporting both our fundraising efforts and community impact projects. This internship begins in August of 2019 and lasts through the academic year.
• Develop engaging content for United Way communications that will increase brand awareness, share successful outcomes, and increase donor and volunteer involvement.
• Collaborate with staff to research, create, or update strategic content for website, e-news, videos, social media, press releases, and print materials.
• Conduct interviews and write United Way success stories while fully respecting client and/or donor dignity.
• Ensure communications maintain a consistent voice.
• Develop creative ways to adapt content to varied media and outreach opportunities.
• Support the Community Engagement, Resource Development, and Community Initiatives teams as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Internship will be 12 – 18 hrs per week during business hours of 9am - 5pm.
How to Apply
• Submit a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Hottell, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.
Only qualified and complete applications will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.