We are aggressively seeking talented, money motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are looking to establish a career in sales to work in our Chicago Office. We are interviewing for summer interns this spring, all of which have the opportunity for employment after graduation. The perfect candidate must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity. Technical Sales background is not a prerequisite; we will train you with a complete set of skills to help build your earning potential.
Daily Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
· Garnering new business. Sales interns are provided with both warm and cold leads to call to schedule online demonstrations
· Qualifying new customers and assessing needs. Sales interns will get the experience of calling small organizations to nationally known companies
· Manage daily, monthly and summer long goals to attain bonus
· Assist with CRM Management
· Attend ongoing training sessions to refine sales skills (i.e. prospecting, relaying value, close, negotiation)
Why should you apply?
· You enjoy communicating with people
· You have a drive to make a difference
· Finding new business that you can own excites you
· You don’t have a problem being on the phone (because you will be, a lot!)
· You want a fun, team oriented environment
· You are a person who enjoys goals and hitting them
· You want to sell a product you can stand behind
Minimal Skills and Qualifications
· Currently pursuing a college degree (preferably in Business or Marketing)
· Sophomore class level or above standing
· Excellent customer relationship skills
· Able to search and qualify new leads
· Professional communication style; written, verbal, non-verbal
· Demonstrated ability to make rational and effective decisions
· Basic understanding of technology and Internet deployed services
· Experience working effectively and accurately in a results-driven, fast paced environment
· Experience motivating self while working independently; also can be an effective team member
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Junior class standing with pursuit of degree
· Pursuing a degree (Major or Minor) focused in Sales or Professional Selling
· Active on campus in professional sales organizations, sales competitions, workshops, etc.
· Experience in a role that required being on the phone daily (admissions, fundraising, etc)
· Experience in MS Office –Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
· Experience with CRMs, preferably Salesforce.com
· Desire to advance in the organization
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
How to Apply