What you’ll be doing…
As part of Verizon’s Public Policy Real Experience Program, VZ PREP, you’ll have the chance to work directly with Senior Policy Executives to grow your skills set. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Public Policy Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
Verizon’s Public Policy, Law and Security organization represents and protects the companys legal, security, and regulatory interests at federal, state, local, and international levels. Public Policy internships at Verizon provide the opportunity for exposure to federal regulatory affairs, federal legislative affairs, issues including privacy and cybersecurity, public policy development, strategic alliances and communications.
After the internship is successfully completed, you’ll become part of our Intern Alumni Network, with benefits like mentorship touch-bases, exposure industry updates and inclusion in our annual alumni events. Apply today to discover how Verizon can help springboard your career.
In this role you will:
– Work with and learn from senior Verizon policy executives.
– Analyze the business and policy environment.
– Work as part of a professional team charged with developing and executing policy campaigns.
– Witness government in action with opportunities to participate in policy discussions, attend policy forums and hearings and visit Capitol Hill.
– Perform research and prepare memoranda regarding issues under review by the Administration, federal agencies and Congress.
– Assist in the creation and implementation of communications plans for internal and external audiences.
– Become familiar with and participate in Verizon’s corporate responsibility initiatives.
– Learn about the future of the tech industry and help showcase Verizon by working on stakeholder engagement activities in our Technology & Policy Center.
– Become familiar with policy research tools such as Lexis / Nexis, academic studies, oral interviews of experts, legal and political documents, Bloomberg Government, National Journal, Politico PRO, U.S. Library of Congress materials and other sources as appropriate.
– Develop your professional network, refine your written and oral communication skills and learn to create value.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree/JD program in Public Policy, Business or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to to work in Washington, DC.
Even better if you have:
– An open mind to the full political spectrum.
– Strong analytical and project management skills.
– Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
– Demonstrated leadership skills and team orientation.
– Demonstrated strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.