Did you know you can gain experience while earning academic credit for your internship? Students can apply to enroll in one or more of our courses to maintain part- or full-time student status as you complete your internship. Review more infomation about our internship courses and see the requirements to be eligible for academic credit through ASCS-X373 or ASCS-X375 before completing your application.
Application open dates:
Spring: Nov. 6 • Summer: March 4 • Fall: May 6
Your application should be submitted within the 1st week of classes for the corresponding semester (or within the 1st week of the start of your internship, if the internship begins after the 1st week of classes) to receive approval.
No applications will be accepted after the following dates:
Spring: Feb 1 • Summer: June 15 • Fall: Oct 1
Some exceptions may apply, please contact email@example.com or your designated course internship coordinator with questions.
How to submit an application
- Go to app.joinhandshake.com/stu/experiences, choose Indiana University-Bloomington if prompted, and log in with your IU email and passphrase.
- Click the blue Submit an Experience button.
- On the following page, use Experience template to choose the relevant course. Use Term to select your chosen semester.
- Complete all of the remaining fields.
- Click the green Submit an experience button on the bottom of the page. You’ll be taken to a page that displays your newly-completed application.
Please Note: You will be able to opt-in to an auto-enroll option when completing your application. If you choose this option, you will be automatically enrolled in the course upon approvals and therefore responsible for course requirements and fees. If you do not choose to auto-enroll, you will be responsible for manually enrolling in the course in your student center.