Did you know you can gain experience while earning academic credit for your internship? Students can apply to enroll in one or more of our courses to maintain part- or full-time student status as you complete your internship.
Open and close dates:
Spring: Nov. 5 – Feb. 1 • Summer: March 5 – June 1 • Fall: May 7 – Oct 1
Before submitting your application for internship credit, please read through the frequently asked questions below. You’ll need to know which course you are applying for, so please ask your academic advisor which course is right for you—some departments offer internship credit and you should fulfill your department’s option first.
How to submit an application
- Go to app.joinhandshake.com/stu/experiences, choose Indiana University-Bloomington if prompted, and log in with your IU email and passphrase.
- Click the blue Request an Experience button.
- On the following page, use Experience Type to choose the relevant course. Use Term to select your chosen semester.
- Complete all of the remaining fields.
- Click the green Request Experience button on the bottom of the page. You’ll be taken to a page that displays your newly-completed application.
You’ll receive an email to confirm your application, and in 2-5 weeks you’ll be notified of the application’s approval or denial.